Years 7 – 9 Drama
The Years 7 – 9 Drama course covers a range of diverse and exciting opportunities to investigate, explore and create… drama! From issue-based topics to world theatre to performance skills this course aims to develop in students the confidence and ability to successfully communicate through dramatic means.
This course draws inspiration from the participant’s own personal history; world events; and historical, contemporary and cultural art forms.
Drama events & facilities
- Two fully equipped drama studios
- Instruction by specialist drama educators
- Year 7 – 9 students receive 80 minutes of drama instruction every week for the entire academic year.
- We hosts workshops conducted by visiting performance practitioners (dance, physical theatre, puppeteers)
- We are an active member of the International Schools’ Theatre Association (ISTA) and regularly attend ISTA Festivals in the Asia/Pacific region.
- We hosted the ISTA Asia Pacific High School Festival in February 2007.
Assessment is largely practical by nature although students are encouraged to keep performance journals and conduct research on relevant topics.