Drama is an integral and exciting part of the Uplands community. The department is proud of its strong performing arts curriculum. This is demonstrated by yearly productions, festivals and activities featuring the work of our students. Our academic courses encourage students to explore their artistic abilities whilst our co-curricular program gives them the opportunity to extend their talents.
Our facilities include drama studios and a multi-purpose hall that feature computer-aided lighting and sound equipment.
Drama activities and public performances
There are numerous opportunities within the school year to participate in after-school activities and perform for the Uplands community and the wider public. Some of the regular performance events are:
- Secondary School Productions (including musicals and plays)
- Primary School Productions
- IB Theatre productions
- FOBISIA organised events and competitions
- Lunchtime performances
- Christmas concerts
- Talent shows
Field trips, festivals & special events
The Drama Department encourages Uplanders to gain a wide perspective of the arts by organizing and participating in special events throughout the year. A sampling of such events include:
- Attending live theatre performances in Penang and KL
- FOBISIA Drama festival attendance
- Workshops with local artists and theatre practitioners