Years 10-11 (IGCSE)
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education is globally recognized as an excellent foundation for study at a higher level, including the International Baccalaureate Diploma. Uplands is proud of its record at IGCSE, consistently obtaining exceptional results that far exceed the global average.
At the upper secondary level, students will undertake the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) IGCSE syllabus (Years 10 & 11), a two-year course, taught by experienced international teachers, leading to external examinations. While conducted in school, these examinations are marked externally in the United Kingdom. Our IGCSE programme is a rigorous programme of academic study designed to prepare students at a high level across a range of subjects. It is a broad programme that offers students experiences in science, maths, languages, humanities, physical education and the arts.
Subjects offered in Years 10 and 11: IGCSE/GCSE
English Language & English Literature / English as a Second Language
Science (options include):
- Combined Science (2 IGCSE qualifications)
Mathematics (including Additional Mathematics)
Physical Education (non-examined)
Knowledge Perspectives (non-examined)
Students must select 6 subjects from options designed based on students’ subject preferences. Subject offerings vary each
- Malay CIE IGCSE – First or Foreign Language*
- Spanish CIE IGCSE
- French CIE IGCSE
- German CIE IGCSE
- Mandarin CIE IGCSE – First or Foreign Language*
* Language placement is determined by the school based on our assessments of a students ability. This is to ensure both the academic integrity of the programme and that the language placement is providing a sufficient level of challenge.
Design Technology (Graphics or Resistant Materials)
Physical Education Edexcel GCSE (examined)
* A class requires a minimum number of students to run
Please see the IGCSE Handbook for subject and assessment overviews.