School FeesUplands Web
Education is an investment in your child’s future. Uplands is here to help you navigate the financial and application process and to answer any questions you may have about paying for your child’s education.
Schedule of Fees for Academic Year 2016/17
Fees/deposits/deadlines are subject to revision without notice. The amounts shown in this document represent fees/deposits as currently approved. However, all fees/deposits are subject to change, may be adjusted at a future date.
On Joining the School:
There are four different one-time charges to be paid on joining any year-group. All fees quoted are per child attending the school.
|APPLICATION FEE (Non - refundable) due with application.||RM800
|THE I.S.P SCHOOL ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP FEE|
(membership applicable to one parent only).
|ENTRANCE FEE (non-refundable)||RM7,000
|ENROLMENT DEPOSIT (Refundable) against breakage or loss of property||RM5000
Tuition Fees are paid twice yearly to fund teaching costs. School fees are due in the month of August 2016 and January 2017.
|Year Group||1st Payment (RM)|
11th August 2016
|2nd Payment (RM)|
6th January 2017
|Early-Payment Discounts (RM) Per Payment
|Reception to Year 4||15,900||15,900||795
|Year 5 to 6||18,950||18,950||950
|Year 7 to 11||23,300||23,300||1,165
|Years 12 & 13|
must be paid in full before a student can attend the school. The School has the right to refuse admission of a child to classes if payment has not been made. There will be no refund of tuition fees in part or in whole.
1st fee payment must be received by 11th August 2016
. Payment received by 3rd August 2016
will be entitled to early-payment discounts.
2nd fee payment
must be received by 6th January 2017
. Payment received by 30th December 2016
will be entitled to early-payment discounts.
Families with more than two children in the School at the same time are entitled to a reduction of 25% on the tuition fees for the third and subsequent (i.e. younger) children.
School Development Fund
There is an annual charge of RM1,200.00 per student, payable to the school development fund.
Other Fees and Charges
- Personal Accident Insurance – compulsory for all students (currently RM40 / year for each child).
- Public Examination Fees – payable for external examinations in Years 11 and 13
and determined by the level of charges of each examination board.
- Textbooks – the cost of English Literature Examination Texts are billed to students (Years 10 & 11).
- IB Courses (Years 12 and 13) – students are charged for unreturned text-books.
- Uplands Parent Teacher Association – RM80 yearly membership fee.
- School Trips, Activities – billed according to cost.
- Library Fines – students who fail to return books within the appropriate time may be fined. Students will also be billed for damaged or lost books and other resources borrowed from the Library.
- Additional Administrative Fees – for non-routine administrative tasks requested from the School.
(E.g. school trips, the issuance of school leaving certificates and academic reports)
Payment can be made by:
- CHEQUE made payable to : ‘THE I.S.P. SCHOOLS ASSOCIATION’
- BANK DRAFT made payable to : ‘THE I.S.P. SCHOOLS ASSOCIATION’
- TT TRANSFER Account Holder : ‘THE I.S.P. SCHOOLS ASSOCIATION’
Account Number : 371 087438 001
Bank & Address : HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad
No. 1 Downing Street Branch, 10300 Penang.
Swift Code : hbmbmykl
(Once payment has been made, please fax a copy of the T/T Application direct to Accounts on +604 881 9788) so we can identify your payment. All payments must be made in Malaysian Ringgit, and all bank charges are the responsibility of the paying authority.
Withdrawing a Student from School / Boarding
When a student will be leaving School/ Boarding, prior notice, in writing, giving the date of leaving must be given to the Admissions Office via email at email@example.com or filling up the online withdrawal notice form at http://www.uplands.org/school/?page_id=12497.
Form must be filled in and received by the following dates for non-returning students :
- 14th October 2016 for students not returning in January 2017
- 17th February 2017 for students not returning in April 2017
- 19th May 2017 for students not returning in August 2017
The School will send you an acknowledgement once we receive your notice of withdrawal. If you do not
hear from us within three days of your submission of withdrawal notice, please contact the Admissions
Office on extension 106.